We are Paul and Karin Koenen and our son Stijn. We moved in 2001, from Amsterdam to the Correze in France to realize our dream. Not far from Arnac-Pompadour we found our dream; a villa with barns, a large garden and adjoining orchards.
La Grange Vieille
Paul & Carin Koenen
La Grange Vieille 26
Tel. +33 (0)555 73 38 89
- 3 guest rooms with private bathroom. For a family we have two rooms sharing a bathroom.
- Two holiday houses, 4 persons each.
- Several terraces and a large common outdoor table. In the orchard a sandbox and swings, table tennis and badminton.
- A swimming pool of 4X8 meters with sun terrace.
- A jeu de boules court.
- Next door a forest for walks and walking trails in the vincinity.
- Dogs welcome after consultation.
We cook 2 to 3 times a week in consultation with our guests. There are several restaurants in the area and in July and August the local local dinner market is highly recommended.
The area is rural, green and hilly. Many lakes and the beautiful river Vézère for fishing or swimming , everywhere you look are forests. Medieval towns such as Segur-le-Chateau, Collanges-la-Rouge or Rocamadour. Or you go shopping in Brive, Limoges or Périgueux.
A very pleasant and undiscovered part of France. We have all the tourist info available to help you explore this region. What can you do around here? You can go hiking in the woods next to our house, cycling, canoeing on the Vézère, fishing, swimming in a lake or river, horseback riding, ballooning from Pompadour or be lazy in our orchard.
Nearby are caves to visit, a very nice child-friendly zoo near Limoges, a tree climbing park, castles and gardens, towns and cities, etc. A must is a visit to the local dinner market in July and August. A market where you buy local products, barbecues where you sit down at long tables to enjoy the purchased goods. Usually with live music.