We, Marcel and Ineke Beljon live since November 2002 in the "Parc naturelle du Morvan" in Burgundy in the department of Saone et Loire.
Our property consists of a large house with 3 guest rooms, a water mill and a farm; The last two date from the 18th century. All located on a plot of over 4 hectares. bordered by the river "La Braconne".
Moulin de ChevannesMarcel & Ineke Beljon
Tel: +33 (0)385 82 37 80
Enjoy a 3-course dinner under the plum trees with a home made liqueur served with coffee / tea. On Tuesday, Friday and Sunday we cook. If there is enough interest we cook more often. Price for the meal € 20, - p / p including wine.
Breakfast with farm-fresh eggs from our own chicken and at least 5 kinds of homemade jam.
Worth visiting or things to do
- The ancient Roman city of Autun with its cathedral from the 12th century Tympanum above the main entrance, the old Arena, partially even the city walls with here and there a gate.
- On Wednesdays and Fridays the market with a market hall under the hotel de ville (town hall).City tour on request.
- The Temple of the 1000 Buddhas, the 1st Temple in France and the largest.
- Mont Beuvray with the museum (thanks Mitterrand) on the excavations of the ancient Celtic settlement Bibracte where amateur archaeologists from around the world more and more pieces of uncovering the settlement.
- During summer, a bus from the museum is free on the mountain with several stops in the excavations.
- At the end of the day a lookout point where on a clear day to see Mont Blanc, great!
- Several castles tours, there are too many to visit them all.
- Golf, several golf courses in the area, an 11 hole course in Autun (15 min), an 18 hole course at Montchanin (45 min.) A job in Chalon sur Saone and Beaune, two 18-hole and a 1-hour drive away.
- Kayaking and canoeing on the river Arroux.
- Cycling and walking from our location, maps on demand to borrow.
- In our village make a stop in the Tea room with a beautiful view of the valley of the Arroux.
- Flea markets (vide-grenier) in the streets of the prettiest villages.
aerial photo of Moulin de Chevannes